Sunday, September 1, 2013

Misanthropy, or something like it.

Right now, I don't want any friends.

All the ones I have, I don't want to be around.

I'll admit to being jealous of everyone else living self-sufficient lives, all the while I'm here - going nowhere, or just moving so slowly it seems like time isn't progressing.  It's true though: I've counted on other people too much in my life in some ways, and now it's time to cut the umbilical.

Like I said, I don't want to talk to any of the people I know, because they've already judged me for something I may or may not be...and that's unsettling.  It makes me feel raw and uncomfortable. 

I'll go somewhere I don't know anyone, and take care of myself without judgement being passed on me, or contemptuous gossip, a place where I can have tabula rasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment